Tracey Dyck's Reviews > The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

bookshelves: 2017-reads, favorites, owned

What a delightful little book! Every chapter held something new to chuckle at, wonder at, and take to heart.

With a dash of "Alice in Wonderland," a generous helping of childhood whimsy, and a refreshing dose of common sense, Milo's journey through the Kingdom of Wisdom left me much to ponder. This is definitely a book I'll read to my future kids one day!

And that ending! Perfect. Satisfying. It stirred up that sense of having an immeasurable world of wonder at your fingertips. It makes me want to read, walk, learn, sit still, and discover all at once--and what could be better than that?

Many thanks to the dear friend who sent me this lovely birthday present! <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Phantom Tollbooth.

September 3, 2017 – Shelved
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 15, 2017 – Started Reading
December 15, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "Finally starting another book after a few days of no reading--because FINALS ARE DONE, HALLELUJAH! I'm really excited to dive into this story, since it was a birthday gift from a dear friend and I've been saving it for the holidays. <3"
December 17, 2017 –
page 80
31.25% "There's a palace in Dictionopolis that's shaped like a book! Can I visit, please? <3"
December 17, 2017 –
page 90
35.16% "Yes, I'm only 10 pages further than in my last update, but Milo was offered a SYNONYM BUN AND I CAN'T EVEN! XD"
December 21, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
December 21, 2017 – Shelved as: owned
December 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-reads
December 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Katie  Hanna The ending of this book is one of my favorite endings, period.

I'm so glad you loved it!

R.F. Gammon I love this book <3

m a r y l i z ASGDHFKGL THIS REVIEW IS EVERYTHING. So, so, so glad you liked it! It makes my heart happy to share the love of this wonderful tale. <3

Tracey Dyck Jessica wrote: "The ending of this book is one of my favorite endings, period.

I'm so glad you loved it!"

I can see why! It was magical. ^_^

Tracey Dyck Faith/Florid Sword wrote: "I love this book <3"

Me too! *high fives*

Tracey Dyck Mary wrote: "ASGDHFKGL THIS REVIEW IS EVERYTHING. So, so, so glad you liked it! It makes my heart happy to share the love of this wonderful tale. <3"

YOU ARE SO SWEET. <3 The whole BOOK made my heart happy. It was so precious and quirky and deep, especially considering it's a "kids book." I'm totally serious when I say this is something I'd read to my kids. :D

m a r y l i z Tracey wrote: "Mary wrote: "ASGDHFKGL THIS REVIEW IS EVERYTHING. So, so, so glad you liked it! It makes my heart happy to share the love of this wonderful tale.

YOU ARE SO SWEET. <3 The whole BOOK made my heart..."

Yesssss. You summed it up perfectly! That makes me enormously happy to hear that you would read it to your kids because I honestly thought the same thing while I was reading it. :D

Tracey Dyck Mary wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Mary wrote: "ASGDHFKGL THIS REVIEW IS EVERYTHING. So, so, so glad you liked it! It makes my heart happy to share the love of this wonderful tale.

YOU ARE SO SWEET.