CC's Reviews > Sparks

Sparks by C.P. Mandara

4.5 Stars!

description

Lois Reeves is an operative who must prepare for her next undercover assignment. In order to do so, she needs to understand her pain threshold and learn how to be a proper submissive. Upon meeting her exasperating trainer, she didn’t expect an immediate attraction to him but Lois is determined to succeed in her assignment.

“If I was a fly trapped in a spider’s web, the guy in front of me was a fucking tarantula: venomous and deadly.”

James Leverett is a Dominant and is simply known to be the best. Contracted to train many submissives at Elite Encounters, he’s intrigued by Lois and doesn’t believe she can truly submit. That said, James is more than ready for their game of dominance and submission.

“I am going to break you. That’s the whole purpose of this exercise. From the moment the door inside that room closes, I am not going to be Mr. Nice Guy.”

As Lois’ session begins, she quickly learns that James is steadfast and ever so perceptive in pushing her pain and pleasure threshold to the max by introducing Lois to all sorts of play. Tested physically and emotionally, when Lois shows she’s able to handle James’ shockingly kinky tactics, she’s permitted to advance to phase two of her training.

“No, I can’t take any more of this, but I didn’t say a word. The current increased, and as the wand wriggled and danced on my clit, finally my world exploded.”

When additional details are slowly revealed about her mark, Lois begins to realize the danger of her predicament; however, she remains committed (and stubborn) despite James’ warnings. Emphasizing the emotional elements of submission and pain, Lois is schooled in vulnerabilities causing her to check her past and try to stay focused on what’s ahead. Knowing James may have an edge over her, it doesn’t take Lois long to see through some of his techniques.

“He ran his fingers down the side of my face and I shuddered, though it wasn’t in revulsion. I just felt helpless, and strangely enough, I was beginning to realize that this kind of thing turned me on in the worst way.”

There were so many elements that I loved about this book! Lois is the perfect heroine for me – intelligent, assertive, a bit vulnerable and sarcastic. James is so enigmatic, handsome and exacting. At times, I was grinning like a fool with the sexy banter between James and Lois with neither retreating. Their chemistry was palpable! When it came to session time, James didn’t disappoint with his easy confidence and electric sex appeal as he reigned over Lois’s body.

In Sparks, the character connection is intensely rich and the intentional mysterious elements added to plot and character intrigue. What I’ve come to learn with C.P. Mandara’s work is there is usually a twist and that morsel prompted an evil smile from me. This kinky read proved to be much more and I highly recommend to all kinksters! I look forward to the next book in this Special Agent series!

*An ARC was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

*This was a (F)BR with Twinsie Hawkey! *

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sparks.

September 3, 2017 – Shelved
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 4, 2017 – Shelved as: on-deck
September 7, 2017 – Started Reading
September 7, 2017 –
1.0% "❌⚡️❌ (F)BR with Mistress Twinsie ! ❌⚡️❌

Let's get shockingly kinky! 😜

>>I'm the blonde with hot boots!"
September 11, 2017 –
40.0% ""Get on your knees first, Lois. If I'm going to interrogate you, I might as well do it properly."

September 11, 2017 –
60.0% ""The first item we'll be considering is the ball gag, and to be honest, I could do with some peace and quiet."

September 11, 2017 –
83.0% ""Rubbing my own breasts against her, anxious for a little stimulation myself, I began my attention from one pouting peak to another as my knee sank between her legs and pressed against the sweet softness it found there."

September 11, 2017 –
100.0% ""Now shut up and put that hole to good use."

September 11, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: my-anti-heroes-and-alphas
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: witty-sexy-banter
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: thriller-suspense-mystery
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Enjoy CC ❤ xo

message 2: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC ⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Enjoy CC ❤ xo"

>>Thanks Alicia! I definitely enjoyed!! ;D

message 3: by Malene (new)

Malene Super review, hon

message 4: by Elle (last edited Sep 15, 2017 07:53PM) (new)

Elle Oh yum! Is this a new series? Totally sold based on your review ;)

C.P. Mandara CC!! Thank you for the awesome review. You and War do the most amazing graphics and piccies and you never fail to make me catch my breath :) A Big THANK YOU from me <3 Have an awesome weekend!!

message 6: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* wrote: "Super review, hon"

>>Thank you Malene! xo

message 7: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Elle wrote: "Oh yum! Is this a new series? Totally sold based on your review ;)"

>>Thanks Elle! Yes, it's a new series by CP so expect some kink! ;P

message 8: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC C.P. wrote: "CC!! Thank you for the awesome review. You and War do the most amazing graphics and piccies and you never fail to make me catch my breath :) A Big THANK YOU from me <3 Have an awesome weekend!!"

>>Thank you C.P.!! It was a pleasure to read and I look forward to Smoke!! xxoo

message 9: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Great review, CC! ❤

message 10: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Loyda wrote: "Great review, CC! ❤"

>>Thanks Loyda!! xoxo

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife sounds delicious!

message 12: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Chris wrote: "sounds delicious!"

>>It's a hot read! ;D

message 13: by Mirjam (new)

Mirjam Yummy review, CC! xoxo

message 14: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Mirjam wrote: "Yummy review, CC! xoxo"

>>Much appreciated Mirjam! xx

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review CC! = ) xx

message 16: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Awesome review CC! = ) xx"

>>Thank you Sue! xoxo

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Excellent review, Mistress! I am so glad you enjoyed!

message 18: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Elizabeth wrote: "Excellent review, Mistress! I am so glad you enjoyed!"

>>Thanks Lonestar!! xoxo
This ticked many erotic boxes! lol!