Shirley 's Reviews > Off Campus

Off Campus by Amy Jo Cousins

Sep 11, 2017

Read 2 times. Last read September 5, 2017 to September 11, 2017.

This is only the 2nd book by Amy Jo Cousins that I've read. The first was a Holiday novella, Glass Tidings and since I really enjoyed that one too, I really need to pick up more of her books. Maybe I can rectify that by continuing the Bend or Break series. ;)

I really liked both Tom and Reese - and they were both broken in very different ways. Seems to be a theme in my recent reads, doesn't it? Since this book is told strictly from Tom's POV, readers found out his back story fairly early. At least most of it. Reese's issues were a mystery, but once Tom found out why he was promised a room to himself. Why he was so crushed when he found out Tom was his new roommate, things changed. For both of them.

To say that Off Campus was filled with angst would be a slight understatement. Granted, there was good reason for it, but I still wanted to smack some sense into Tom more than once. He couldn't see past his determination to do everything for himself and as a side affect, he had little trust for anyone but himself. Even Reese. Which almost caused him to lose everything. *sigh*

Both of these characters grew a lot and I loved them even more by the end. I also love their friends - Cash and Steph. Spoiler: I'm definitely going to have to read this series up to The Girl Next Door ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Campus.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
September 2, 2017 – Shelved
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 5, 2017 – Started Reading
September 11, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 24, 2017 – Shelved (ebook Edition)