Mel Bradley's Reviews > Waking the Behr

Waking the Behr by Pat   Henshaw

4 Pride Stars
As you may know, I’m a big fan of this series – this is book number seven and definitely one of my favorites (definitely my fav since book 2-ish or so). The story begins with Ben meeting a potential client for his family’s construction company, but instead finds himself watching a larger-than-life man dancing in the middle of an abandoned restaurant. Welcome, Mitch – the potential client, ready to start his dream.

The story from here unfolds great – but what I love most about this installment, is the character development for both characters. OMG – they were delicious… and so real and deep. Ben had been mentioned in a few previous books, as part of the Behr family (one of the brother’s) – but it wasn’t until this book, that we learn who he is, why is he who he is, and how much he grows and becomes himself. After meeting Mitch, he forms a friendship unlike any he’s had in his life which leads to a fork in the road for him – and he follows it without looking back.

Mitch’s character is so very different, but he was less quick to “unfold.” It took awhile to really understand who he is and why he did the things he did – and WHOA, it was worth the wait. Together, Mitch and Ben compliment each other – but also add so much newness and opposite, to bring them into one.

This is a great read for… anyone! Really. It can be read as a standalone without issue, and is really a great love story with some country mouse/city mouse action, coming to terms with who you are and following your heart above all else.

Review Copy of Waking the Behr provided by Dreamspinner Press for an honest review.
Reviewed by Mel from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waking the Behr.

Finished Reading