Crystal Paglino's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Sep 05, 2017

Read from September 02 to 05, 2017

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

Quotes Crystal Liked

Colleen Houck
“His eyes drifted leisurely back up to my face and he smiled at me appreciatively, “Kelsey, when a man spends time with a beautiful woman, he needs to pace himself. I quirked my eyebrow at him and laughed. “Yeah, I’m a regular marathon alright.” He kissed my fingers. “Exactly. A wise man never sprints…in a marathon.”

Colleen Houck
“A girl can still admire, can’t she? Even those who can’t afford to go in the store can still window-shop. Right? Knowing he wasn’t for me didn’t mean I couldn’t covet the merchandise.”

Colleen Houck
“He then put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a downy rabbit caught in the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. He bent his head and began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.”

Colleen Houck
“We looked at each other for a minute, not saying anything, but I could feel the air between us shift. It became thick, sultry, and tangible—like when the air changes right before a storm. I could feel its power envelop me as it brushed across my skin. Even though I couldn’t see it, I knew a storm was coming.”

Colleen Houck
“A quiet but indomitable voice behind me said, “I believe this is my dance.” It was him. I could feel his presence. The warmth of him seeped into my back, and I quivered all over like spring leaves in a warm breeze.”

Colleen Houck
“The fact is…I’m in love with you, and I have been for some time.”

Colleen Houck
“Why does everything so bad for you always taste so dreamy?”

Colleen Houck
“Just so you know, I hate camping. I'm not so much appreciating the fact that there's no bathroom out here. 'Nature calls' while walking in nature is on my list of least favorite things. You tigers, and men in general, have it so much easier than us girls.”

Colleen Houck
“Vampire sea horse monkeys? Are you serious?”

Colleen Houck
“Perfect! Now we're being chased by hoards of monkeys! Perhaps you would care to name their species as we're attacked, just so I can appreciate the special traits of said monkey as it kills me!"
"At least when the monkeys are harassing you, you dont have any time to harass me!”

Colleen Houck
“As a man, I instantly became aware of the gold in her hair, her height measured against mine, and how easily she'd fit in my arms. ~Ren”

Colleen Houck
“He looks like a runway model. How in the world am I going to be able to reject that? The world is so unfair. Seriously, it's like turning Brad Pitt down for a date. The girl who could actually do it should win an award for idiot of the century.”

Colleen Houck
“He was my ultimate present my own personal miracle and I'd blown it. I'd given him away. It was like winning backstage passes to meet the rock star of your dreams and donating the tickets to charity. It sucked. Big time.”

Colleen Houck
“Shhh Kelsey. I'm here. I'm not leaving you priya. Hush now. Mein aapka raksha karunga. I will watch over you priyatama.”

Colleen Houck
“He seemed very pleased with himself for surviving a near-death experience. I could practically hear him chanting to himself: I overcame. I conquered. I’m a man etc etc.”

Colleen Houck
“He was like a drug and what did you do with drugs You pushed them as far away as possible.”

Colleen Houck
“Now turn around and go to sleep. I'm warning you that I plan to sleep with you in my arms all night long.”

Colleen Houck
“That was a pygmy marmoset by the way. Just in case you were wondering."

I wheezed. "Thank you oh Walking Monkey Dictionary.”

Colleen Houck
“Pulling the chair out for me, he invited me to sit.
I stood there wondering if I could sprint for the nearest exit. Stupid strappy shoes, I'd never make it.
He leaned in close and whispered in my ear, "I know what you're thinking, and I'm not going to let you escape again. You can either take a seat and have dinner with me like a normal date," he grinned at his word choice, "or," he paused thoughtfully then threatened, "you can sit on my lap while I force-feed you.”

Colleen Houck
“You are my pearl without a price."
-Ren, Tiger's Curse”

Colleen Houck
“the camp children descended upon me in a raucous, violent flurry of little bodies. I felt like tiny buffalo were stampeding over me.”

Colleen Houck
“She answered with a passion I didn’t expect & I was lost. In that moment our hearts beat as one. In that moment I knew she loved me." #Ren”

Colleen Houck
“I wrapped the unyielding woman I loved in my arms & kissed her slowly, hoping that some part of her would sense my absolute devotion." #Ren”

Colleen Houck
“Thrilled with the knowledge that she loved me, it took me a moment to realize that she was angry. I found her tantrum irresistible." #Ren”

Colleen Houck
“Wow Kelsey!" Kishan whistled. "I'm going to have to beat the other guys of with a stick!”

Colleen Houck
“What is real and what is not is for your heart to decide and for your heart to know.”

Colleen Houck
“I was dying. I knew it. At least the pain was gone. I wanted to tell him that I loved him. Then darkness overtook me...”

Colleen Houck
“Hard work keeps you grounded”

Colleen Houck
“(...) we must learn to accept that all creatures, however fearsome they may be, are of divine
origin.”

Colleen Houck
“Falling for him would be like cliff diving. It would be either the most exhilarating thing that ever happened to me or the stupidest mistake I’d ever make. It would make my life worth living or it would crush me against stony rocks and break me utterly. Perhaps the wise thing to do would be to slow things down. Being friends would be so much easier.”

Colleen Houck
“Well, first of all, you can't expect me to have coherent thoughts when you're touching me. Second, you're too... good-looking. Good-looking people usually get what they want.”

Colleen Houck
“The dangerous one was Ren. Innocent though the white tiger he appeared to be, he was a compelling predator. Utterly irresistible -- like a Venus flytrap. So alluring, so tempting, so deadly. Everything he did was seductive and possibly hazardous to my health.”

Colleen Houck
“Stop looking at me like that."
"Like what?"
"Like you're hunting me. I'm not an antelope.”

Colleen Houck
“Don't you see, Ren? That's exactly why I have to go. You need to know that you can survive without me. That's there's more to life than just me. You need to see this world that's opened up to you and know that you have choices. I refuse to be your cage- Kelsey, pg. 401”

Colleen Houck
“I don't want you to see only a tiger when you look at me. I want you to see me. The man.”

Colleen Houck
“Bad things sometimes happen to good people; the key to happiness is try to make the best of, and be thankful for the hand we're dealt”

09/02 marked as: currently-reading