Deborah's Reviews > Taking the Fall: The Complete Series

Taking the Fall by Alexa Riley

3.5 to 4*

Vol 1 - 4*

Why am I just reading this book now?

I've read so many Alexa Riley books I can't believe I'm just reading thin now. It's OTT crazy possessive alpha smut as always but I'm loving it.

Carter (who is Carter?) is serving eight years in prison for murder the book opens four years into his sentence with a twenty year old Layla visiting him. She's written him hundreds of letters and not heard a word back, he used to be her bodyguard, a bodyguard she fell in love with.
Layla has no idea what happened that night.

All I have is this giant blank spot in my mind driving me insane. One second I have a perfect life and the next I wake up in the hospital covered in bruises, with my mother missing, along with my bodyguard.

Not only does Layla not get any answers Carter but he tells her he threw her letters and she's to get gone. With that she takes off and starts a new life.
Four years later Carter is released and we all know where he's heading.

I loved this book, yes Carter is completely OTT and obsessed but I can't wait for more.

Vol 2 - 3*

This starts three months later and Carter is on a mission but Layla knows nothing, all she knows is he's left her again without a word.

Her life changes and still no Carter but then something brings him back and everything changes. Layla finds out exactly what happened that night and how much she means to him.

I didn't enjoy this as much as the previous one because Layla has a TSTL moment.

Vol 3 - 4*

I think this is my favourite so far.

Carter is even more OTT crazy and possessive and Layla is one lucky woman.
This is the end of Carter and Layla's story, all threats are dealt with a lot of sex along the way.

I'm a great lover of epilogues anyway but this one is absolutely beautiful.

Vol 4 - 3*

I was really looking forward to Jeanette and Saints story, I'll admit I've been curious about Jeanette past, what happened to make her into the woman she is today?

My only worry was the sex, these books are high on the smut scale but in the previous book Saint had been handcuffed to the bed which isn't my thing, so yes I was worried.

I loved Saint and Jeanette is a strong feisty as hell female and while I didn't like her need to dominate I loved that Saint did and gave her that.

I have to admit her past wasn't quite what I'd imagined. The way she came up with the cover story and her ability to use guns had me envisioning something much more convoluted.

Again it had a good epilogues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking the Fall.

September 2, 2017 – Started Reading
September 2, 2017 – Shelved
September 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

Mindy Lou's Book Review Great review, Deborah! This is one of my favorites from AR.

Deborah Mindy Lou's Book Reviews wrote: "Great review, Deborah! This is one of my favorites from AR."

Thanks Mindy I just don't know where this series has been hiding 😂

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe,x

Deborah Judith wrote: "Great review,babe,x"

Thanks Judith I do like the occasional bit of smut 😂

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith Deborah wrote: "Judith wrote: "Great review,babe,x"

Thanks Judith I do like the occasional bit of smut 😂"

Haha,who doesn't and this Author is the best at that!

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Awesome review sweets ;) xoxo

message 7: by Simone (new)

Simone Great review, honey! <3

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Great review Deborah! xx

Deborah Judith wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Judith wrote: "Great review,babe,x"

Thanks Judith I do like the occasional bit of smut 😂"

Haha,who doesn't and this Author is the best at that!"

I know and I was seriously jealous of Layla 😂

Deborah Anna's Ramblings ツ wrote: "Great review Deborah! xx"

Simone wrote: "Great review, honey! <3"

Wendy wrote: "Awesome review sweets ;) xoxo"

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Great review's Deborah ❤ xo

Deborah ⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Great review's Deborah ❤ xo"

Thanks Alicia 💜

Barbara➰ Carter is one of my favorite heroes and I loved Layla too surprisingly lol.

Deborah Barbara➰ wrote: "Carter is one of my favorite heroes and I loved Layla too surprisingly lol."

I loved Carer and when I wasn't jealous I begrudgingly liked Layla as well 😂

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Terrific review, sweetie! xx

Deborah Jenny wrote: "Terrific review, sweetie! xx"

message 17: by Coco.V (new) - added it

Coco.V Wonderful review, sweetie! This is my fav. by AR. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. :) 💗

Deborah Coco.V wrote: "Wonderful review, sweetie! This is my fav. by AR. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. :) 💗"

Thanks honey I do love Carter 💞

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Am I the only one who wanted Viktor's story?also Saint is in other books too.we get to see him again

Deborah Catherine wrote: "Am I the only one who wanted Viktor's story?also Saint is in other books too.we get to see him again"

It’s so long soince I read this I can’t remember 🤣