Shanice Singh's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

bookshelves: print-books

"The Hunger Games" is a dystopian novel set in the the Panem, a Capitol surrounded by twelve (very poor districts).
Due to a past war, the Capitol hosts the Hunger Games each year to show the districts exactly how mighty they are.
The Hunger Game is a battle to the death for one boy and one girl from each district.
When Katniss volunteers to take her sister's place in the Hunger Games, she is paired with Peeta, the baker's son.
Peeta once provided Katniss with bread when she was starving. It's an act of kindness she has never forgotten and not one that she is comfortable with. Because if she is to win the Hunger Games, she has to kill Peeta.
It isn't long before Katniss and Peeta become fan favourites and are forced to choose between their humanity or winning the games.
I watched "The Hunger Games" when it first came out and I was not really impressed. So I don't know what made me pick up this book but I was glued from the very first second.
If you haven't read "The Hunger Games" as yet, definitely pick it up. You will not regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Shanice Liked

Suzanne Collins
“For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games