Miriam Smith's Reviews > Dark Network

Dark Network by James McCrone

bookshelves: kept-book, signed

"Dark Network" is the second in the Imogen Trager series and follows on from the first book "Faithless Elector" both written by author James McCrone.
FBI Agent Trager helped exposed the Faithless Elector plot and we now follow her as she is tasked with a fight against time and a sinister network to defeat the conspiracy to steal the presidency. Can she trust her own colleagues and even if she is successful what kind of America will remain?
I liked Imogen's character - she has good instincts, determination at searching for the truth and although left on the edges of the investigation she joins forces with FBI network specialist Trey Kelly in a struggle to expose the conspiracy.
This book is a gripping, taut political thriller, excellently written by a very intelligent author who has drawn on a wealth of experience to craft this great novel.
Although there were some jargon and technicalities of a president election that I didn't quite understand, I did enjoy the story and I probably enjoyed this one more than the first.
I'm very pleased I've read the first book as it does help to understand what's going on (being naive on politics) but I do believe this book could also be enjoyed as a standalone. Any readers that like intelligent, intriguing and fast paced American political thrillers will love both these books and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Beautiful cover too!
4 stars.

I chose to voluntarily read this ARC and this is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Network.

September 2, 2017 – Shelved
September 9, 2017 – Started Reading
September 10, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by William (new)

William Wow, sounds great! Thank you for the review!

Miriam Smith Thanks William for reading!

message 3: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Miriam!:-)

Miriam Smith Thank you Kaceey 😊

message 5: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Great review Miriam! Sounds like a great book 😊

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hall Glad it proved rewarding to return to this second novel, Miriam. A very sincere and honest review. Thank you xx

Miriam Smith Thanks Kendall x

Miriam Smith Thank you dearest Rachel! Xx

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Nice review, Miriam! :)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Wonderful Review Miriam!

message 11: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Another great review, Miriam!

Miriam Smith Thank you Melissa, Mary and Meredith 💕💕

Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell Great review! :D

Miriam Smith Thanks Nenia 😊

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

really nice one, miriam!

Miriam Smith Thanks paulie 😊

message 17: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Miriam, sounds good.

Miriam Smith Thanks Maureen x