Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕'s Reviews > Show Me the Way

Show Me the Way by A.L. Jackson

bookshelves: arcs-2017, series

“All moments matter. We just rarely know how important they are until the chance to act on them has already passed.

Talk about all of the feels!! This was the story of Two broken people who were destined to be together, crossing paths in the most unlikely devastating moment and neither of them ever knew it. Two broken people who found it hard to love and trust someone else, become an anchor of hope and new beginnings for each other. This, was a story of finding love a second time around and having it be the greatest love of all.

After the loss of her grandmother, Rynna Dayne has now returned to her hometown after an eleven year absence. With emotional scars that run so deep, staying away for all of those years was certainly understandable but it’s now a new beginning for her. Now the owner of her grandmother’s pie shop “Pepper’s Pie” Rynna is looking forward to starting over and continuing her family’s legacy through her baking. Meeting the broody neighbor and his adorable daughter was an unexpected event but from that moment, Rynna knew that the father and daughter duo was going to make an impact on her life. She just didn’t know how much.

Rex Gunner is a simple man and he doesn’t need anyone else in his life. His main Priority is his four year old daughter and doing whatever he can to provide for her. Everything else is at the bottom of his list and that’s including his love life. Having a flawed track record and a broken heart to prove it, Rex has given up on the nature of love and he’s okay with it. At least that’s what he tells himself and when he meets the new neighbor, this is the mantra he chants over and over again because falling for someone and opening your heart again like that? Is a vulnerable pain that he’s not willing to go through again. But that’s easier said than done because you know what they say: The heart wants, what the heart wants.

I really liked inked that this was an emotionally driven story that was filled with second chances and hope but I loved the fact that we got other sides to it. We learned of headshaking secrets, we saw bonds that were beginning to form when we least expected it , and we got to witness the healing of two people broken hearts. Rynna and Rex needed each other in a way I could never explain and not only did we see their friendship move beyond that place, we felt it.

If you’re looking for a sweet emotional read, this one is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Show Me the Way.

September 1, 2017 – Shelved
September 30, 2017 – Started Reading
October 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Happy reading and perving 😍

message 2: by Coco.V (new) - added it

Coco.V Enjoy, sweets! :)

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Happy reading! ❤

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Happy reading! ❤"

Coco.V wrote: "Enjoy, sweets! :)"

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛ wrote: "Happy reading and perving 😍"

Thanks everyone! <3

message 5: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Terrific review, babe! xo

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ ◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ wrote: "Terrific review, babe! xo"

Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thank you ladies!! ❤❤xoxo