Sharon Paavola's Reviews > These Healing Hills

These Healing Hills by Ann H. Gabhart

These Healing Hills captured me! I loved the characters, the life of the midwives and the mountain people they served. Francine Howard choses to leave her privileged life behind to become a Frontier Nurse in the Appalachian mountains after her boyfriend breaks off their relationship. Her mother is horrified and no one thinks she can manage the rough rigors of serving the mountain people. She wants to try but there's more to learn than bringing babies into the world. She meets a recently returned War II veteran, Ben Locke when she gets lost on the hill. They survive a deluge under a rock outcropping which starts an edgy relationship. Francine's faith in God deepens as her trials stretch her dealing with the mountain people.
I could say more but you really need to read it. The characters are full, complex, and real. The author's writing is superb..

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and Publishing. My comments are my own and was under no obligation to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Healing Hills.

September 1, 2017 – Started Reading