Brooke's Reviews > Nobody's Prize

Nobody's Prize by Esther M. Friesner

liked it

Nobody's Prize was a fun, clever read that I enjoyed a whole lot better than Nobody's Princess. The characters were more developed, there was more action and surprise, and even more history. I almost felt like the first book was written only to lead up to this one.

Helen of Sparta is wittier than ever. She sneaks aboard the Argo, a boat on an expedition led by legendary character Jason to find the Golden Fleece. Helen is disguised as a boy, and is accompanied by her friend Milo. The first half of the book follows their adventures out at sea, until they reach Colchis and a new plot begins to form.

I loved the relationships between the characters, watching the characters mature, and the passage of time as Helen leaves girlhood behind.

I think I was a little disappointed with the end of the novel, but I guess the author wanted to leave Helen's future up to the imagination. After all, Helen of Sparta has a well-known history and you can find out everything you want to know by Googling her name.

Great sequel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Prize.

September 19, 2011 – Started Reading