Malia's Reviews > I Am Watching You

I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-suspense

Unfortunately, this was a it of a meh read for me. So many people and POV's (which I usually enjoy), and shifts between first and third person muddled up the plot for me and even though the writing was good, I never felt the characters developed very much apart from Ella. I was definitely intrigued by the story, but by the half-way point, found myself a little confused and not terribly invested. Still, I wanted to know how it would end and what had actually happened to Anna, the missing girl. The resolution felt a little rushed after such a long build-up and a little unsatisfying at that. All the same, I didn't think it was a bad book, just not a great book either.

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Watching You.

September 1, 2017 – Shelved
September 1, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 3, 2017 – Started Reading
October 4, 2017 –
70.0% "Not bad, but am I the only one confused with the many POVs and switch between first and third person?"
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: mystery-suspense
October 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Mackey Terrific review Malia!

Malia Mackey wrote: "Terrific review Malia!"

Thank you!

message 3: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Malia! Sorry this was a disappointment for you!

Malia Susanne wrote: "Great review Malia! Sorry this was a disappointment for you!"

Thank you! At least there are always more books to make up for a little disappointment;-)

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Thanks for an honest review!! Hope your next book is fantastic!!

Carrie Nice review, I'm about done with this one myself and I agree it has been a bit on the meh side.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Great review, Malia. I'm sorry it was just meh. I hate that.

Malia Lindsay wrote: "Thanks for an honest review!! Hope your next book is fantastic!!"

Thanks so much, Lindsay!

Malia Jennifer wrote: "Great review, Malia. I'm sorry it was just meh. I hate that."

Thanks, sorry you felt the same:-/

Malia Carrie wrote: "Nice review, I'm about done with this one myself and I agree it has been a bit on the meh side."

Thanks, Carrie, hope you will enjoy your next book more!

message 11: by Deyanne (new)

Deyanne I love your honesty and I appreciate it. Good review. I find our tastes are similar. I look forward to your next 5 .

Malia Deyanne wrote: "I love your honesty and I appreciate it. Good review. I find our tastes are similar. I look forward to your next 5 ."

Thanks so much, Deyanne!

message 13: by Meg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meg I agree, this book was a whatever for me. I didn't like the ending and it annoyed me that everyone just had inner monologue going and not a lot of conversations.

Malia Meg wrote: "I agree, this book was a whatever for me. I didn't like the ending and it annoyed me that everyone just had inner monologue going and not a lot of conversations."

Sorry this was disappointing for you as well, Meg!

message 15: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hyde Feel exactly the same. Resolution was disappointing and didn't see it coming because there was no reason within the storyline to see it coming.