Audrey's Reviews > Some Kind of Happiness

Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

"UM HELLO YES THIS DESCRIPTION SOUNDS LIKE ALL THAT I WANT AND NEED TO READ PLEASE CAN THE BOOK LIVE UP TO WHAT IM ALREADY NEEDING?? PLZ N THX"

So now that I've read this insta-cover-love book, I can say that the above comment remains true. Some Kind of Happiness was everything I wanted and more in a book. It had mystery, adventure, unbreakable friendship, secrets, and SUPER realistic representation of mental illness. I really fell in love with Finley and her occasional flow of conscious thoughts, her personality, her realness. I loved the Harts too, despite their occasional pretensions. Also, I think my future daughter will be named Avery thanks to Miss Legrand.
Claire Legrand has a simple and flowing writing style that I really enjoyed. Although the book was a bit of a short read for me (an "adult"), as a middle grade novel it was perfect. The story felt so real, it wasn't even like I was reading, it was as if I was sucked into this world and I was there too, watching everything happen. And I had a really enchanting day with my nose between the pages of this book.
I am so stoked to read the rest of Claire Legrand works. She is a phenomenal story teller.

P.S.
I would love to read all of Finley's Everwood journals, all twelve of them!! Can this be a thing? I hope so. Please and thanks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Kind of Happiness.

September 1, 2017 – Shelved
September 1, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 24, 2017 – Started Reading
September 24, 2017 –
page 171
45.72% "Such a quick read but I'm loving this and I don't want it to end!!"
September 24, 2017 –
page 256
68.45% "I think I'll just finish this tonight.. after some jacksepticeye :)"
September 24, 2017 – Finished Reading