Zielle's Reviews > Where Dandelions Grow

bookshelves: arc-s, christian-fiction

Title: Where Dandelions Grow

Author: Lydia Howe

Genre/s: Christian fiction

Content: 0/5. No content that I can think of. It mentions that two people are dating, but that’s it.

Age-range: All ages!

Overall rating: 4.5/5

Source: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Wow. This was beautiful. It took my a while to read it, due to no action, but this was an awesome book worth reading.

Plot 5/5

The plot was well on track, well developed, and beautiful. I loved the message it depicted; of hope, forgiveness, and letting go of the past to ‘take the higher road’ (WDG, Lydia Howe).

And the ending. Wow! It was just beautiful.

Characters 4/5

I liked the characters, and the cousins relationships were sweet. But sometimes they were too sweet it became cheesy and their dialogue sometimes unrealistic. I also felt like the cousins sometimes acted a bit younger then they actually were.

However, even though the book was written in first person, I couldn't fully connect with Destiny. I don't think anything would've changed if it were written in third person.

I really loved Mrs. Reed. The way she taught; she wasn’t preachy which was great. I loved the talk she had with Destiny. She is someone I would LOVE to have in my life. This is something that Mrs. Reed said that I loved:

Writing 4.5/5

The writing is simple, yet beautiful and the wisdom in it made me smile.

Overall 4.8/5

This book is full of wisdom. I don’t think I have ever read a book that has spoken to me this much, and made me smile so much at the end. And my favorite chapter is chapter 9. 😉

The 2% off the 5 stars is because of the lack of action that I usually enjoy reading. It’s not such a big deal, it’s just that it took me longer to read.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed christian fiction, books about hope, forgiveness and DANDELIONS.

I also absolutely LOVED the name Swallow Ridge! ❤

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not required to write a positive review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Dandelions Grow.

2017 – Started Reading
2017 – Finished Reading
August 31, 2017 – Shelved
September 2, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "This is really good so far!"
September 22, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-s