Darlene's Reviews > You're Never Weird on the Internet

You're Never Weird on the Internet by Felicia Day

bookshelves: acting, anxiety, audible, autobiography, bullying, depression, family, favs, feminism, girls, internet, homeschooled, humor, kindle, kindle-books-i-own, memoir, mental-illness, mental-health, non-fiction, strong-fem, whispersynch-for-voice
Read 2 times. Last read August 31, 2017 to October 5, 2017.

I have always admired Felicia Day. It was great to see a smart female actress playing smart female characters on the shows I've seen her on.

This book gave me insight to the person and her history. It was fun to know that we shared a similar history. No, I'm old enough to be her mother. But my children shared her history and I through them. We learned the computer from way back with CompuServe, Prodigy (where I met my husband) and various video games and bulletin boards. Her ultimate game was WoW whereas my kids got into EQ. It was fun reading about how it was physically meeting the friends she made online. That experience the kids and I shared. But it was fun to watch the computer evolving with the generation who came of age at the same time.

My children were homeschooled, too. It was interesting to see her thoughts on it. I find that we who were schooled who wasted so many years with more time dedicated to kids with bad behaviors or teachers who bored us to sleep and were still quite socially shy and experienced depression tried to save our children of that. Instead, they blame their very anxiety on not having to school. They don't realize the opportunity they had without all the wasted time. Felicia became a professional violinist. And all these skills she acquired that makes her unique are a direct result from not being squeezed into a mold that schools force children into.

Anyway, I loved being able to listen to Felicia read her own story. It gave, even more, credence to autobiography. I knew I wanted to listen to her read it. But I found that there was no Text-to-Speech. That made me sad because had I not been able to afford the Audible version to whispersynch I would have had no way to enjoy this book. Still, it was delightful to listen to her voice. I wish her the very best in life. She deserves it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You're Never Weird on the Internet.

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
August 31, 2017 – Started Reading
August 31, 2017 – Shelved
October 3, 2017 –
70.0% "This is quite the fun Kindle book and Audible version."
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: acting
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: non-fiction
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-fem
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: whispersynch-for-voice
October 5, 2017 – Finished Reading
October 8, 2017 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: acting (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: audible (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: autobiography (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: anxiety (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: depression (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: homeschooled (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: kindle (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: kindle-books-i-own (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: mental-health (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: mental-illness (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-fem (Hardcover Edition)
October 8, 2017 – Shelved as: no-tts (Hardcover Edition)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Darlene Review to follow shortly. I loved it! It's all I can write from my Kindle app. Eyes too blurry.

message 2: by Vicky (new) - added it

Vicky N. Felicia is awesome, I've forgotten about her autobiography. Glad you liked it.