Roxanne's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Jun 19, 2007

bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2017
Read in April, 2017

First read in June (?) 2000, on a road trip with my family. My mom had bought it for my birthday, and I was totally uninterested and only picked it up because I was trapped in the car. I loved it and was laughing and laughing in the backseat. I made my parents stop at a bookstore so we could get the next two books, and then we all read them all through the trip, then later that summer book 4 came out.

-----

Review from 5/23/2007: (view spoiler)

-----

Reread 10/23/15: Reread this last week (finished on 10/23) because f is all about stories lately, and we happened to be at the library when they were doing a Harry Potter event, so naturally she wanted to know what was going on and why all these people were dressed up in long robes. You can see where this is going. Now I have to tell her Harry stories pretty much daily and I needed a refresher. Like I minded much.

-----

Reread 4/16/17: OK, fine, I read this aloud to my four year old. I figured I'd read until it got too scary, but even toward the end she was hanging in okay, so I kept going. A LOT of it was over her head, but she seemed to really enjoy it, and the big bad reveal at the end was a total surprise to her. It was really a pleasure to read it with her, and I'm looking forward to doing it again in a few years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

06/08 marked as: read

secondwomn i just reread these all last month!!! :D

Roxanne I'm probably going to reread at least #2 and 3. It's really been a while.

secondwomn for me too. this was my first reread since i went through the series in 2007. i was surprised by quite a few things on reencountering!