Jeanette's Reviews > Jewel of The Stars - Season 1 Episode 1 - Earth's Remnant

Jewel of The Stars - Season 1 Episode 1 - Earth's Remnant by Adam David Collings

Sep 04, 2017

bookshelves: australian-author, fiction, science-fiction, short-fiction

Loved Jewel of the Stars - Earth's Remnant by Adam Collings.

When the space cruise 'ship' Jewel of the Stars is diverted from it's normal first stop, Alpha Centauri, the captain and crew aren't too worried. But it soon becomes clear that some terrible is happening, and the only way to survive is to flee earth controlled space. No one on board is really equipped to face the situation, but each step up with their diverse talents, personalities and way of operating.

Great start to a series that keep me hooked and interested all the way through. The starting chapters reminded me a bit of TV series like Fantasy Island as we are introduced to the main characters at the start - from the by-the-book Captain, to ex-military commander with a past, to a harried mother who has to go above and beyond duty drawing on her space-engineering skills. There's a good mix of character driven elements and the plot, which the tension and danger ramping up quickly with an exciting and nail-chewing climax. It also had the different elements of space opera - space ships, aliens, shields, teleportation etc.

I look forward to reading the next in the series and seeing more of the many passengers step up to the plate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jewel of The Stars - Season 1 Episode 1 - Earth's Remnant.

August 31, 2017 – Started Reading
August 31, 2017 – Shelved
August 31, 2017 – Shelved as: australian-author
August 31, 2017 – Shelved as: fiction
August 31, 2017 – Shelved as: science-fiction
August 31, 2017 – Shelved as: short-fiction
September 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Nola I'm just over halfway and enjoying it so far.

Jeanette It's a good read :)

Nola Helps that Tim and I watched the three box sets of the original Star Trek earlier this year. This soap opera is original but fits well within that kind of genre.

Jeanette Yes, it does fit well though Adam's own unique take on it :)