Karen ⊰✿'s Reviews > The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club

The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club by Sophie Green

bookshelves: netgalley

Based on a property in the middle of nowhere in the Northern Territory in the late 1970s, this book centres around those that live on Fairvale Station and their friends.
It is a brutal climate, an isolating location, and hard work to live in Fairvale so book club is the way that Sybil tries to welcome her new English daughter-in-law Kate to this strange way of life and introduce her to some other women in the "area".

It is not often I come across books set in outback NT, let alone in the late 70s, so the setting alone made this really intriguing. The descriptions of the wet and dry seasons, and the vastness of the space really drew me in. The characters are also very well crafted, each with their own unique voice and wishes for the future. This is a book I would recommend to anyone that enjoys a nice light read about friends and family.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club.

August 30, 2017 – Shelved