Dianne's Reviews > Beyond the Mist

Beyond the Mist by Casi McLean

bookshelves: arc-read, author-requested-review, great-dialogue, own, paranormal-romance, time-travel

Lake Lanier holds the secrets of “time” beneath its surface and for one family who has become its protectors and stewards, it is their own lifeline to the past. For confirmed single girl Piper Taylor and the handsome Nick Cramer, a brutal storm on a dark night makes the perfect, if unusual backdrop for attraction, past regrets, and determination.

Nick knows he has found a special someone in Piper, but in his past is a woman he let down and she died, a brutal and terrifying death. Knowing the magic of Lake Lanier, Nick braves the depths to return to the year 2001, just before the horrors of 9/11. Will Nick try to change history to assuage his guilt? He must be stopped and Piper has volunteered to travel back, but this time, her journey will be through an untried machine that could leave her lost in time or worse.

Can Piper stop Nick from destroying the fabric of time, changing history and altering the future? BEYOND THE MIST by Casi McLean takes us back to the nightmare of the 9/11 attacks, the brutality of innocent lives lost and a race against time itself as Piper risks everything, including her heart to bring Nick home before he alters time.

The idea of time travel, of being able to go back and undo past mistakes is something we have all thought about in one way or another. But we have all realized that one tiny change risks the butterfly effect.

Casi McLean’s tale is romantic, intriguing and her characters are endearing. Some we have met before, but one can see they are the heart and soul of a magical tale that is almost timeless! Fabulous writing and an opportunity to imagine what you would do, what you would risk to fix the past, or if you are strong enough to leave history as it stands.

I received this copy from Casi McLean!

Series: Lake Lanier Mysteries - Book 2
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press, Inc (September 15, 2017)
Publication Date: September 15, 2017
Genre: Time Travel | Mystery | Romance
Print Length: 212 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For Reviews & More: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Mist.

August 30, 2017 – Shelved
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: own
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
September 3, 2017 – Shelved as: time-travel
September 3, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by ☆Dani☆ (new) - added it

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ Can this be read as a standalone? I know she has Beneath the Lake before this? Fantastic Review!😊

Dianne ☆~BookishDani~☆ wrote: "Can this be read as a standalone? I know she has Beneath the Lake before this? Fantastic Review!😊"
Hey Dani! Thanks! I wouldn't read it as a standalone, but that's because book one rocked, too and set the stage for this one!

message 3: by ☆Dani☆ (new) - added it

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ Thanks Diane for the advice!😁 Fantastic Review!