Aubrey- CGSR's Reviews > The Outskirts

The Outskirts by T.M. Frazier

bookshelves: arc, cliffhanger, could-not-put-down-books, dual-pov, never-saw-that-coming

5 out of 5 'Who knew the swamp was so sexy?' Stars

THIS. This is what I've been waiting for. A frigging 5 star read. Hands down the best book I've read in a while. I just couldn't put it down. And I'm not in any way slighting any of my recent reads, but I haven't lost sleep in a while to read a book. I haven't sacrificed precious moments in the shower to read a book. Until now. Worth it? You bet your ass it was.

Sawyer has had an uncoventional upbringing; to say the least. In a household where women came second and any skin showing was completely shameful, Sawyer has learned about the ways of "her world" the hardest way possible. Her father is a church man.....of the most severe kind. Discipline and drinking are his favorite pastimes. After the sudden death of her mother, Sawyer concocts a plan to leave the clutches of her father and everything she's ever known behind. After the mysterious box of trinkets her mother left behind for her, Sawyer's plan of escape solidifies.

Sawyer reaches the swamp town of Outskirts with nothing but optimism. Even though she had a rough start she's breathing in air like she's never done it a day in her life. Sawyer meets Finn, the handsome young town recluse. His story is tragic and I honestly could see why he was living-or not living. The coming together of Sawyer and Finn was nothing short of magical. It's amazing when two strangers meet and it's like finding the other half of your soul. It's like everything in the universe aligns. How just one person can change....everything.

I plowed through this book forgetting that there was going to be a second part. Forgetting about the possibility of a cliffhanger. And then there I was dangling on the edge screaming 'Noooooooooooooooooo!!! It can't end like that!!!' But it did. And after I pulled myself together, I can only hope that I don't have to wait too long for the rest of this fantastic story. Bravo T.M. Frazier!!

Happy Reading!!
*Reviewer for Country Gals Sexy Reads*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outskirts.

August 30, 2017 – Started Reading