Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy ⚓️'s Reviews > Saga, Vol. 1

Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

bookshelves: in-my-library
Recommended to Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy ⚓️ by: AMY(pronounced Ah-MEI)♥Queen Of The Fat Cats♥
Read 2 times. Last read March 18, 2018.

5 Awesomely Raunchy Sci-Fi Stars

This was only my second graphic novel ever, so obviously I’m no expert; but this was seriously entertaining as fuck and unlike anything I’ve ever read before. I am totally a new fan.

Give me more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saga, Vol. 1.

Finished Reading
August 30, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
August 30, 2017 – Shelved
October 10, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 18, 2018 – Started Reading
March 18, 2018 – Finished Reading
August 27, 2018 – Shelved as: in-my-library

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

AMY(pronounced Ah-MEI)♥Queen Of The Fat Cats♥ Yes, yes, graphic novels and Manga will take you out of any reading slump.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ AMY ♥(pronounced AH-MEI)♥ wrote: "Yes, yes, graphic novels and Manga will take you out of any reading slump."

Well, I got out of the slump with Mistborn, I am taking your word for it. I ordered this and am waiting for it to arrive!

message 3: by Renégade ♥ (last edited Sep 04, 2017 10:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renégade ♥ I thought this was some really unique, strange, fun and marvelous stuff - and I wanted more, more, more. I hope you'll enjoy it, too, when it finally arrives, Val :)

Which reminds me...

*wanders off to nab Volume 7*

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Got it yesterday, hope to get to it this week!

Sun Goddess Moon Witch Saga is awesome!

bella ϟ  [ bella farren ] the entire series is amazing!!!

message 8: by Katie.dorny (new)

Katie.dorny I'm glad you love them!!

Trish Yay, it worked! :D I'm really glad you liked a comic and especially this one!

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Glad you enjoyed it!!

message 11: by Renégade ♥ (last edited Mar 19, 2018 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renégade ♥ So excited that you gave this one a try :)

Glad you loved it too!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Trish wrote: "Yay, it worked! :D I'm really glad you liked a comic and especially this one!"

Trish, I know you made a rec in the comments of my Thor review, but have you read any comics similar to this that you loved?

Kimberlee I literally just bought this. So excited.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ K. wrote: "I literally just bought this. So excited."

I bought the whole series before reading it, because 1) Stupid, and 2) B&N was having a graphic novel sale so I figured why not. Hope you are as satisfied with your purchase as I am!

Trish Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads wrote: "Trish wrote: "Yay, it worked! :D I'm really glad you liked a comic and especially this one!"

Well, Fables but that is quite the commitment (very long series) or (if you look for something less scifi/fantasy) Velvet. That one's only 3 comics about a female spy in the 70s.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I'm pretty sure Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick was written just for you : )

(I own that one, but since I am poor and graphic novels are hard to come by at the library here I hoard them and never read them.)

message 18: by Shay (new)

Shay I’ve been eyeballing this series for a while. I might have to give it a go! It would be my first graphic novel.

message 19: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Volume 2 is even better!!

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥ YES. so glad to see you’ve read this. Also, like mentioned above, i think you’ll like Sex Criminals. AND check out Wicked + the Divine!!!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Trish wrote: "Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads wrote: "Trish wrote: "Yay, it worked! :D I'm really glad you liked a comic and especially this one!"

Trish, I know you made a rec in the comments of my..."

Ok, I will look up this Fables thing. Thanks Trish!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I'm pretty sure Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Weird Trick was written just for you : )

Wow...sex, freezing time and delivered via graphic novel. If only it had vampires...lol

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Book Nerds Unite wrote: "I’ve been eyeballing this series for a while. I might have to give it a go! It would be my first graphic novel."

I enjoyed it!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Katy wrote: "Volume 2 is even better!!"

Excited!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Kasey wrote: "YES. so glad to see you’ve read this. Also, like mentioned above, i think you’ll like Sex Criminals. AND check out Wicked + the Divine!!!"

Will do, thanks Kasey!

Minna I'm a huge fan of the Saga graphic novels - they were recommended to me by a huge GN/comic nerd so I was nervous, but they are AWESOME! And they only get better :) You might also try Rat Queens by Wiebe and Monstress by Marjorie Liu (the art in Monstress is just WOW), and I heard that Paper Girls by Vaughan is also really good but I haven't tried it yet.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Minna wrote: "I'm a huge fan of the Saga graphic novels - they were recommended to me by a huge GN/comic nerd so I was nervous, but they are AWESOME! And they only get better :) You might also try Rat Queens by ..."

Cool thanks :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Thanks for all the recs everyone! <33

I'm writing them ALL down!

Elisha Yayyyy you joined the cult of Saga!
So happy to have you here. Let us drink the Kool Aid and rejoice.
Starting Volume 6 tonight!
:D

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Awesome review as always, love <3 xx

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Awesome review as always, love <3 xx"

Elisha wrote: "Yayyyy you joined the cult of Saga!
So happy to have you here. Let us drink the Kool Aid and rejoice.
Starting Volume 6 tonight!
:D"

Thanks guys :)

Angela~supermom~ I've heard a lot about this! I gotta seriously give it a try!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ Angela ~Mother Hen~ wrote: "I've heard a lot about this! I gotta seriously give it a try!"

You should!