Andrea Stoeckel's Reviews > Requiem in Yquem

Requiem in Yquem by Jean-Pierre Alaux

[I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.]

"What through youth gave love and roses, Age still leaves us friends and wine. —Thomas Moore"

This quote opens Requiem in Yquem, the thirteenth and newest in the Wine Detective series by Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noel Balen. I have had the pleasure of reading the greater part of this set of well written books and have enjoyed every one.

I am particularly pleased with this one, as I am a fan of back story, and this one gives us a look into Virgile's family growing up, and another look at pages in Benjamin's life, both past and present. However, it is a book that can "stand alone" without familiarity of the rest of the series.

In this selection, an older couple meets death during a burglary in their home. This means little to Cooker and Company until Virgile reconnects with his viniculture classmate and finds that he may be involved and turns to him for help. With the request comes memories and gossip from the time they were both schoolmates at La Tour Blanche, where they studied for their vocational training certificates in enology ( the study of wine).

Can Virgile help Jeremy? Does he need Benjamin to figure things out, or does his own past hold the answers? Read this beautifully written story, and find out why. Highly recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem in Yquem.

August 30, 2017 – Started Reading
August 30, 2017 – Shelved
September 13, 2017 –
September 13, 2017 –
September 15, 2017 –
September 16, 2017 –
September 16, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Emma Thanks for your nice words. so glad you enjoy this series so much, yes it is so good indeed!