Sherry's Reviews > With the Material Witness in the Safehouse

With the Material Witness in the Safehouse by Carla Cassidy

Apr 27, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: harqinintrg-silhettsus

** spoiler alert ** I was somewhat disappointed with this book, it had good things going for it, a town in turmoil, shadowy characters, atmosphere, yet the main characters seemed removed from the setting of the story. The support characters seemed to have more depth than the main ones. Although a little disappointed, I will still pick up Carla Cassidy’s works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With the Material Witness in the Safehouse.

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla Sherry,
Sorry this didn't work for you. Whenever you're writing the first book in the series, it seems like there's a lot of set-up and perhaps some of the characterization is sacrificed! In any case, I appreciate that you're willing to give me another chance!

If you like romantic suspense, you might try my book from Signet - Every Move You Make.

Thanks, Carla Cassidy, who never misses an opportunity to shamelessly plug a book!

Sherry Carla,
I’ve been reading your second book in this series on the Harlequin website, it sounds so much more intriguing. I’ve always enjoyed your work and have just checked out “Are You Afraid” and I’m looking forward to starting it and made sure that “Every Move You Make” was on my Library’s paperback order. I love the backdrop for your new series; I have a weak spot for “Harlequin Intrigue” as well as the “Intrigue Eclipse”. I am a great fan of Romantic/Suspense paperback authors and I still can’t believe you wrote me back! I am absolutely thrilled that you wrote me back!! Good luck on your future works and I know I’ll be seeing your name on my order form again!

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla Sherry,
Why wouldn't I write you back?! I appreciate anyone who reads my books! I also appreciate a good, honest review - good or bad!

Thanks again!