books are love's Reviews > When the Scoundrel Sins

When the Scoundrel Sins by Anna Harrington

Quinton has grown so much. When we first meet Quinton he is a rake. He is a one that doesn’t think of the consequences to others even when he is trying to do what is right. He takes risks and those have consequences. This is what happened when the story begins six years ago for Annabelle- her and Quinton are innocent but due to him wanting to protect her it turns into a scandal.

Now we are in the present and Annabelle needs to marry so she can keep her home. The consequences of six years ago are being felt and she is desperate. Annabelle is a great character. Strong willed, intelligent, caring and stubborn. She is also a very hard worker and fair to others. But she isn’t one that others find to be a prospect for marriage. At least not until her dowry is known.

quinton and his brother are called in by their aunt to help. They are to weed out the rakes and let the good ones go into courting Annabelle. quinton is mired in some guilt over his dad and mom. He is adamant about not falling in love because of the pain in the end it causes. He wants to find his own way and show he is his own man and can make a success of things that isn’t his family’s. He has become a responsible, caring and yet still retained his fun way. His attraction to Annabelle is immediate and one seen right away as it leaps off the pages. He does deny it though. Even when he knows its love he denies it. He is afraid of that and of not fulfilling a promise to his dad and disappointing him.

So what happens when a strong willed young lady reunites with a stubborn man who is conflicted on where he belongs and wants to prove his worth? We get sparks flying, witting banter, entertaining times and heroism in all forms. Quinton sees her and respects her. he supports what she wants and does everything he can to help her with her dream without having to marry. He is even willing to sacrifice what he thinks is his future for her. We see a mystery come about as well as accidents mysteriously happen. Annabelle gets a exasperating but supportive man who is there for her and listens.

We get antics from the brothers and some hysterical moments as we see how they find the rakes of suitors and get reprimanded by the aunt. We see quinton discover that love is something he can’t stop from happening and how wonderful and real it is. He learns that where you belong isnt’ always where you think. He learns to sacrifice for the one he loves and prove where he belongs to her as well. We see Annabelle learn about quinton and who he really is. She sees he has changed as well. We get some witty banter between the two and attraction that sizzles. We get action and intimacy. entertainment and danger.

In the end we get a story of two wonderful characters finding their way to one another. We see their thoughts and desires and watch them grow and fall in love in this well written story of love and finding your way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Scoundrel Sins.

Started Reading