Zuky the BookBum's Reviews > The Wardrobe Mistress

The Wardrobe Mistress by Patrick McGrath

bookshelves: 2017, dnf

DNF @ 60%

Hey, I gave this one a fair shot.

I was told this was going to be an atmospheric, slow burner that would stay with me long after finishing, but it was too much of a slow burner for me and I've decided I don't have the patience to finish this one off.

My reading mood has been very weird recently and if I'm not reading something that's fast-paced and ominous, I'm not into it. I enjoyed the part of this book I did read but I don't have it in me to finish it, it's not quick enough to keep my attention.

Just because I'm DNFing this one, doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend it. At no point did I think this was a badly written novel. The characters are in-depth, the story is interesting and the narration is different. It's just a "slow burner", as said before, so only read it if you have the patience to.

Thanks to Netgalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review. Sorry I didn't enjoy it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wardrobe Mistress.

August 29, 2017 – Started Reading
August 29, 2017 – Shelved
August 29, 2017 –
13.0% "I'm worried I'm going to lose interest in this before it gets to the main event... Others have said it takes about 50% of the book before parts of the synopsis become relevant!"
Finished Reading
August 30, 2017 –
16.0% "Didn't get very far with this yesterday, bleh"
September 1, 2017 –