Kathy - Books & Munches's Reviews > The Duality of Nature

The Duality of Nature by C.E. Clayton

bookshelves: read-in-2017, giveaways, favorites

I read about twenty pages when I was thinking: I'll have to order the sequel. Then I got disappointed because it hasn't been published yet! Twenty pages in, people!
By the time I got at the 100 pages-mark, I was completely sold so I checked Goodreads. Dear Chelscey has apparently written six books for this series already! Now, guess who'll be waiting eagerly to read them all.

It was moments like this he understood why the other children thought her so different. And while they may not have liked Tallis for her eccentricities, Donovan wished his cousin to never change.

I've simply fallen in love with Tallis, Donovan, Rosslyn and Tomas. They each have there charming characteristics.
Where Tallis struggles with being different, having to find out what and who she is exactly and her world is turned upside down, she always has the support of her friends. Even at the hardest times.
Donovan, on the other hand, is everything you could wish for in a big brother - even though he's her 'cousin'. He looks out for her and does everything in his power to protect her. Honestly, everyone would want a brother like that!
Then we have Rosslyn. Honestly, this is the character I could connect best with. Eager to find those who can be her equals or betters so she can learn from them and challenge herself. Because she follows the Galon Sipsiwn - and as such has the Sipsi heart - she does what she wants, when she wants. So you could say I really recognized myself in her.
Then we have Tomas, Ser Soon-To-Be-Brother, whom is the outsider of the group for he hasn't know them that long. You notice how they warm to him, little by little and it's wonderful to see that people can still open their heart to strangers. Especially in a period of loss and distress.

She was holding so many pieces of the puzzle and yet none of them fit together to make a whole picture, and yet, she was somehow in the center of it all.

I've completely lost myself in Chelscey's writing style. She describes Selkirk in a way that transports you there. Yup, I just plunged right in and enjoyed every single moment of it. Pretty sure this is one of those few books I read that I could not pull myself out of. The only thing I wanted to do was to keep on reading.
For an author to do that? A-ma-zing!
I went from feeling giddy, to laughing, to being freaked out - there was a little scary part in there - to feeling the tension of this action-packed story!

Even though the novel didn't end with the bang I was expecting, I'm still eagerly looking forward to the sequel.

If you're craving an action-packed fantasy novel filled with friendship and adventure, I'd say you really have to pick this one up!
Why? Because I'm going to make a statement that I hadn't made yet in any review. The Duality of Nature is going with my all-time favorites and will definitely be reread.

I bow to you, C.E. Clayton, for you have given me a new series to look forward to and completely lose myself in. Even though I read tons of books, this is one of those rare few that succeeded at captivating me completely and I cannot wait to read more!

A very solid 5 / 5!

Kathy

I received this book as the prize of a giveaway. I’m not being compensated for my honest review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duality of Nature.

August 28, 2017 – Started Reading
August 28, 2017 – Shelved
August 28, 2017 –
page 88
26.83% "😍❤"
August 28, 2017 –
page 102
31.1% "Now this is a book I'm losing myself in completely. I wasn't even at p. 50 when I said I'm going to order the sequel! I'll finish this one way too fast, it's so good! Even squeezed in some reading before work - now looking forward to my break so I can read some more. ^-^"
August 29, 2017 –
page 222
67.68% "Okay.. so.. I did two thirds of the dishes and put some laundry up to dry. Apart from that I've been reading. Slowly! I'm simply enjoying this novel so much.. I haven't even packed a thing for my road trip and we're leaving on Thursday.. 😂"
August 30, 2017 –
page 263
August 30, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017
August 30, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 14, 2017 – Shelved as: giveaways
January 11, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Niki (new) - added it

Niki Patel Just added it to my want-to-read list. Thanks Kathy. :)

Kathy - Books & Munches Niki wrote: "Just added it to my want-to-read list. Thanks Kathy. :)"

You're very welcome!! ^-^

Linda McCutcheon I just won a signed copy of this book and after this review I can't wait to get started reading it.