MyzanM's Reviews > Wolf Run

Wolf Run by B.A. Tortuga

54220508

did not like it
bookshelves: mm, read-2017, erotica, insta-mate-love, menage-mmm, paranormal, romance, shifters, read-under-100

Too much? Too little? Or both?

There certainly was too much of sickly sweet endearments. Even the inner monologues were riddled with "Sweet baby boy", "pup" and "Good boy". Just to mention a few.
Too much creepiness with the too childlike Scotty being sexually active with the older gruff Mike. Yes, Scotty has sex with Danny too, but it's more icky with how Scotty's childlike behavior seems to trigger arousal in Mike. It seems like the more Scotty acts like a 5-year-old the more turned on Mike gets.
And finally (and I can't believe I'm saying this) too much sex. EVERYTHING is solved with sex. Are you stressed out? Suck me! Are you worn out? Let's have sex! Are you depressed and feel you're not worth anything? No problem, suck me and let's have sex!

On the other hand there was too little of some things I would say could have made this story better, acceptable even. A bit more character development would have done wonders. The only things that changes are the location and the fact that Danny can start to worry about other things.

Also, a plot would have lifted the story immensely. Yes there is an outline of a plot:
"Older, slightly creepy wolf" finds "Younger childlike, impulsive (magical???) wolf" penned up. "Oscw" insinuates him self into the lives of "Yciw" and his partner "Equally young but troubled, responsible wolf". (view spoiler)
Sure there is two minor issues they have to get over, but that is quickly dealt with and they go on in their own merry way.

Sure, I've read a lot of stories with too much endearments or creepiness or sex. There are also plenty of stories I've enjoyed without character development or plot. It is however when all these things occur together that I object. It just becomes an uninteresting mess. The choppy writing style didn't help either. I became bored and even a bit irritated.

Part of that irritation was the fact that I knew this author had the potential to take this outline and write something spectacular, but settled for something less. And in this case less is certainly not more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf Run.

August 28, 2017 – Shelved