Paige's Reviews > Say Something: A Hate List Novella

Say Something by Jennifer Brown

it was ok

I was quite disappointed with this novella. After reading the main book I was so content with the ending and how everything played out, however reading this afterwards really irritated me. Not because it was badly written - if anything the plot of this novella was quite important. What annoyed me was the fact it was from Davids POV, a character whom we only see a handful of times very briefly in the main novel. I wasn't interested in him since we had no character building in the Hate List, why would his backstory be relevant now? I think the only thing I really liked was that David was used a a vessel to take a peek into Nick's brain and a POV that wasn't Valerie's. In my opinion this unhinged the impact of the main book for me and left me irritated that the story was re-opened after it had been closed with a lovely ending, and that this story left me with more questions than the end of the main novel. Other than that it was okay and I'm glad we got to at least peek inside Nick's brain a tiny bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say Something.

Started Reading