Victor Gentile's Reviews > Stumbling Into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman

Stumbling Into Grace by Lisa Harper

Sep 19, 2011

Read in September, 2011

I had the pleasure of interviewing Lisa Harper on our radio show “Kingdom Highlights”, about her new book, "Stumbling Into Grace" published by Thomas Nelson.

The best way to describe what "Stumbling Into Grace" is to do what Ms. Harper does in her introduction. She focuses on God. Some of us actually believe that God is too busy to be bothered with us especially in our little things. And if we mess up not only is God upset but His punishment is severe. Ms. Harper states that this belief system is totally inaccurate and not only that God knows that we are going to continually mess up but He has provided a way for us and that way is His grace.

I hung on every word. In every chapter Ms. Harper looks at a way that people mess up then takes a section from the Gospels that show the response of Jesus to that situation. If you are like me you will be amazed on how current Jesus was portrayed. At the end of every chapter there is a "Living In The Light Of His Story" where a prayer is provided to repent of that chapter's particular situation. Following that is a "Personal Reflection and/or Group Discussion Questions" which will allow the reader to probe deeper into the issue.

In my opinion everyone needs this book. I know I sure did and do. I will read this book again and again because I need to be reminded of God's great love often and this book will do it every time. I recommend it highly. I have to say that Ms. Harper is an excellent Bible teacher and I am going to go out and acquire all of her previous books and be ready for all her new ones simply because she is that good.

If you missed the interview for "Stumbling Into Grace" or "A Perfect Mess" and would like to listen to them and/or listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop, commercial free Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stumbling Into Grace.