Emily A. Duncan's Reviews > Wicked Saints

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan

(Review from the author)

Update 10.17.18: Hi! We have a cover! It's black metal as hell and I adore it! The book is also up for preorder if you feel so inclined! The link will lead to a landing page that directs to all major retailers. <3

Update 5.10.18: So the book is going into the world now and I wanted to note some content warnings. There's a blanket content warning on self-harm because this book has multiple blood mage characters and that rather comes with the territory. However, on page 350 (in the bound MS) there's a conversation about a character's past self-harm. It's small and they're talking about scars but, still, the allusion is there.
There is a torture scene early on in the book in chapter 5. It's not particularly graphic but I do like to warn about that.
And another kind of blanket content warning on parental abuse. There's a specific incident on p. 290 (again, bound MS) however where Serefin is struck by his father so just a warning. Stay safe and only read what you feel comfortable with.

Update 4.4.18: New title! The book is now WICKED SAINTS and Something Dark and Holy is the trilogy title.

I mean I COULD rate this five stars but I won't. I'll just say I'm very excited for everyone to meet my weird cast of kids. I love them a lot and I hope you all do too.

For clarity I’m going to add some facts to this. WICKED SAINTS is high fantasy, the Joan of Arc bit is a marketing comp, this is not a Joan of Arc retelling, this is a story completely its own that takes on thematic elements similar to Joan of Arc’s story. Nadya is her own person, she is not Joan.

The book takes place in two countries, Kalyazin, which is a Russian analogue, and Tranavia, which is Polish.

The book is also dual POV, while the trilogy as a whole has three main characters (oh, yeah, goodreads has it listed as a stand alone, it’s a trilogy).

That’s all for now! Xoxo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Saints.

Finished Reading