Carly's Reviews > A Tale of Two Cities

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

bookshelves: classics, historical-fiction

Although it took me a long time to finish and get through A Tale of Two Cities, the ending is absolutely worth the drag and confusion. It might be because I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I picked up AToTC other than it was a Classic™ but getting into and staying into this book was very... Trying. That's why I gave it a four-star rating rather than a five. However, now that I know where it's going and how it ends there's a part of me that'd like to go back and re-read it. That being said my favorite of the three parts this has to be the third part. That part, for me, really showed Charles Dickens strengths. Whenever I read any of his work, I feel like I'm reading someone's soul. I know that sounds kinda stupid but with Dickens, you believe everything he writes. That he wrote it from a deep place and passion for the subject. Especially when he talks of love and life and lastly death. He's seen it. He's felt it and he damn well knows how to write it. A Tale of Two Cities will always have a soft spot in my heart going forward.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Cities.

August 25, 2017 – Shelved
April 28, 2018 –
page 108
July 13, 2018 –
page 228
48.72% "I'm getting there! Almost half-way through! This book is draining me of life but I will make it out alive. I promise!"
August 18, 2018 – Finished Reading