Susan Day's Reviews > Ruby Lane

Ruby Lane by R.J.  Simon

This delightful tale will enchant all its readers, young and old. This is a story about a little girl called Ruby Lane who has the most amazing adventure with a cat. But, this is not just any ordinary cat. This cat calls himself, Pirate (for short), and he leads Ruby on a very entertaining, if not educational, adventure.
I loved the way the writer invented adjectives and adverbs like ‘leg-hurty’ (my personal favourite), and redefined so many words and phrases we use in the English language. Her skill as an author has been best coupled with her imagination and creativity to produce this charming book.
This is a wonderful story for children beginning their reading journey into chapter books; for children who love animals and their pets and; for anyone who needs a warm ‘virtual’ book hug.
As Pirate himself might say, “If you don’t read this book ya head must be full of rats, and ya might be in need of a cat scan.” I’m afraid you’ll need to grab a copy to understand the full ramifications of such a mental predicament coz you’ll find no spoilers ‘ere! Enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Lane.

August 21, 2017 – Started Reading