Sherry Fundin's Reviews > What Lurks Below

What Lurks Below by Donald Firesmith

9198006

bookshelves: fiction, horror, paranormal, read-in-2017, supernatural, apocalyptic, series

Hell Holes by Donald Firesmith was everything I had hoped for and more.

They were asked by Exxon to come up and check out the Hell Holes that had become a threat to the pipeline. Stowaway photographer, Aileen O’Shannon, is quite a handful and so much more than she appears to be.

Have you ever thought about not just climate change, but all the holes we punch into the earth? Could we be destroying the planet we live on…or is there something else happening, something so monstrously evil we cannot imagine.

What had been a secret, which I love to have revealed to me, was on the verge of becoming Armageddon. Bloody, gory, slasher type horror. Demons rise from hell, hungry and I sure don’t want to meet them on a dark lonely highway…or anywhere else, for that matter.

Characters fall, so be careful who you become attached to. I love when an author does that, leaving me wondering who will be taken out, how they will be taken out, and who will be left standing. I also love when an author can surprise me and I did not see the direction the story would go when I began. Nice job, Donald.

I wasn’t ready for the ending!!!!! but end it did. Does not stand alone and I am left hanging…BUT This is a two book series, and Book II is out and ready for reading.

To see more visit fundinmental

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Lurks Below.

Started Reading
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: supernatural
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: apocalyptic
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: series
September 4, 2018 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)