jessica's Reviews > Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

anybody can look at you. its quite rare to find someone who sees the same world you see.

oh my gosh. oh my gosh. oh my gosh. i now forgive john green for making me wait 5 years for a new book because this was perfection. honestly, my new favourite of his. i know john green stories tend to be a hit or miss with people, but there is no denying he can write. i loved all the intricacies, and poetic sentences, and overall warm feeling of this book.

i also really appreciate the personal side of this story and could really feel a difference with this book compared to his pervious works. i think greens own struggles with OCD just made the book all the more genuine and honest. and because of this, there couldnt have been a better portrayal of thoughts for a main character who suffers from anxiety and specific triggers.

i thought this was so well done and i loved everything about it!

5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turtles All the Way Down.

August 24, 2017 – Shelved
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
November 12, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Mahnoor ⚯͛ (new)

Mahnoor ⚯͛ Been a little hesitant about picking this one up but it’s definitely moving up on my tbr now. Glad you enjoyed it.💕

Lisa I read this book recently and it is such a great book, I’m still thinking about it all the time. It became my favorite book by John Green as well! I’m glad you loved it 🙂

jessica mahnoor - i think if you have enjoyed john greens other books then you will like this, as well (i guess the opposite also applies). but i hope you give it a shot and love it as much as i did! :)

lisa - yay! so happy you liked this! i know john green sometimes doesnt vibe well with people, so im always happy to find others who love his books as much as i do! :)

Beatrice Totally agree with you, this was such an important book in his portrayal of OCD and anxiety!

jessica true! i dont suffer from any sort of anxiety but i was shocked at how much i related with aza. hopefully other readers did, as well!

rachael ♡ so glad you loved it!! this book really impacted me and saw me in a way a lot of books don't. even though i don't have OCD i do struggle with anxiety issues and omg. this was such a beautiful and haunting portrayal of it

jessica i love hearing that! thanks for sharing, rachael! im so happy that you were able to have that connection with this book and enjoyed it, as well!! <3

Kayleigh Kehoe ♡ Really glad you enjoyed it! I liked the book but I felt like it wasn't on par with John Green's previous work. 😔 Although his narrative was as beautiful as ever. ❤️

jessica fair enough!! it felt really different to me than his other books, but im a fan of his regardless. 🙈 so happy you enjoyed this also though!!

lexi herondale i absolutely adore this book, one of my all time favourites.

jessica same!! so happy you enjoyed it!! :)