lacy's Reviews > Forget Tomorrow

Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn

bookshelves: 2017, 4-stars, arc-copy, ebooks, d, favorite

I received this ARC from Entangled Teen Publishing. Many thanks to them for being awesome and allowing me to read this! All thoughts and opinions are my own!

I'm hooked! Who would have thought that me, who reads pretty much nothing but historical fiction and romance, would be into science fiction dystopia novels? Well, I am. I am very much hooked and I want more!

The concept of memories and how it essentially ruled the world that Callie lived in was very cool. It's not something that you read about a lot. Of course, I haven't read much science fiction but still. I was very much intrigued from the first sentence. It was a little confusing at first, which is why a star got knocked off but after a while, things started to make a little more sense.

I liked Callie as an MC. I loved her fierce devotion to her family and how she was willing to do just about anything to protect her family. I also felt the pain and the burden she felt at having to basically care for her younger sister since her mom was so busy at her job and missing her husband. I liked that Pintip Dunn showed the resentment that comes with being the oldest child because all older children have certainly felt that. I liked that Callie was matter of fact, straight to the point. There was very little wishy washy-ness about her. Nothing ruins a book more than a narrator you can't trust. Callie was someone you could trust.

Logan was a bit hold and cold for me. I liked him at times but then I didn't like him at times. I felt he had a good redemption story, though. Him and Callie had stopped talking for five years and he had just started talking to her again. I didn't like that he hid a lot of things from Callie. When working on a relationship after five years of not talking, trust is incredibly important. I don't like that Logan was acting like he couldn't trust Callie right away. I did like that he tried to redeem himself in Callie's eyes. I can appreciate a MC that knows when he messed up and works on fixing it.

I'm still a little iffy on Harmony, the society that was created for those that have very violent memories, and the leader (who I won't say because I feel like it's a spoiler). I feel that there is something that is being hidden from Callie and Logan about this group and I don't much like it. But I could just be paranoid as well.

Overall, this is really a spot on series. The concept of memories and how they control an entire society is incredible. I'm anxious to see what more Pintip Dunn can bring to the table concerning this. I'm hoping my suspicions about Harmony are wrong and I hope that Callie and Logan get the life they deserve to have together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget Tomorrow.

August 24, 2017 – Started Reading
August 24, 2017 – Shelved
August 24, 2017 –
6.0% "The concept of this book is awesome!"
August 24, 2017 –
37.0% "I hope Logan has some sort of story on why he did what he did."
85.0% "Holy crap. 😳"
August 24, 2017 –
93.0% "I'm anxious to finish this tonight and get on with the series. I'm hooked!"
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017