Anjana's Reviews > Juliet Immortal

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

liked it

*More like 3.7 stars*

I really really really really liked 'Juliet Immortal'! I would've loved it too, if not for the fact that Romeo and Juliet don't end up together. Call me old fashioned or narrow minded but come on! It's Romeo and Juliet!! If thats not true love, I'm not sure it exists!
I know Romeo/Dylan is supposed to be the bad guy in this novel but I really liked him, from the start.. I wanted Juliet and him to end up together, work out their differences.

'Juliet Immortal' had a brilliant start - completely based on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. However, halfway through the book it turned out only to be another paranormal romance novel (although a really good one!). With the exception of my one problem with this story, I truly did like the rest of it. Stacey Jay has retold her version of Romeo and Juliet beautifully and I could not put this book down.

I liked the end too - what happened with Romeo. Although by then I really didn't feel like I was reading about Romeo and Juliet. Still, this book is wonderfully written and I found it beautiful. I will definitely be picking
up the next book (I really hope there is a next book!) just to know that Romeo reaches a happy place too. I don't believe he deserved I be portrayed the way he was.. Or to be hated. Whatever he did, it came from a good place.

Oh and Ben? Sure, I liked him,quite a bit. But he wasn't Romeo. If this were just another paranormal romance novel, then Ben is a really good male lead.. But then,there's Romeo - so, my expectations were really high!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet Immortal.

Quotes Anjana Liked

Stacey Jay
“He is a romantic, a dreamer, and never afraid to play the fool. He is fearless and reckless and brave and I love him for it. Desperately.”

Stacey Jay
“She will fight for light, and he for dark,
Battling through the ages for loves sweet spark.
Wherever two souls adore truly, you will find them, lo,
The brave Juliet and the wicked Romeo.”

Stacey Jay
“Seven, ten, fifteen, eighteen years old and still there is nothing finer than a blank sheet of paper, the white promise that the world can be what I make it. A magical place, an adventurous place, a possible place. Erasers take away the mistakes. Another coat of paint to cover them up. Black and red and purple and blue. Always Blue.”

Stacey Jay
“And I know that I am. I am his moon, and his brightly shining star. I am his life, his heart. I am all that and the answer to every unspoken question, the comfort for every hurt, the companion who will walk beside him from now until the end of our lives, reveling in the bliss of each simple chore done in his name, overflowing with beauty because I am blessed to spend my life with my love.”

Stacey Jay
“Love doesn't want people to stay ignorant and frightened. Love doesn't value obedience over all else. Love doesn't judge and find some lives--or loves--more valuable than others. Love doesn't use people and throw them away. Love stays, and makes you stronger, even when the person you love is gone.”

Stacey Jay
“Real love has little to do with falling. It's a climb up the rocky face of a mountain, hard work, and most people are too selfish or too scared to bother.
Very few reach the critical point in their relationship that summons the attention of the light and the dark, that place where they will make a commitment to love no matter what obstacles-or temptations- appear in their path.”

September 18, 2011 – Shelved
October 20, 2011 – Started Reading
October 20, 2011 –
page 18
5.88% "I love the way it's written!"
October 20, 2011 – Finished Reading