Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Devil's Cut

Devil's Cut by J.R. Ward

To be honest, I jumped into reading Devil's Cut not quite knowing what to expect as I hadn't read the other books in this series and although I found myself floundering and somewhat lost at times, this was still quite an enjoyable read.
Before Devil's Cut I had only read J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series which I love and so when granted the opportunity to read and review this book by Netgalley, I jumped at the chance.
At first, from the title, I had assumed that this book too, would have a paranormal leaning as previous books by J.R.Ward that I have read have done so and I was quite surprised to discover instead that this is a more mainstream, contemporary romance book about a family with deep, dark secrets set primarily in the sprawling estate of Easterly.
Even though I read this book as a standalone and was admittedly a little confused at times, I still really enjoyed reading the book. Just between us, I now also have a strong urge to purchase the first two books in the series, just to see what I missed.
I think fans of Linda Howard's books Shades of Twilight and After the Night would really enjoy this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Cut.

Started Reading