Bookworm Amir's Reviews > Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Sep 18, 2011

liked it
Read on September 18, 2011

Despite being one of those people, (guys) who hate Twilight because of its associated feminism (and ugliness of that white vampire dude Edward), the graphic novel was WAYYY better than the film or the book for that matter.

Yes, the graphic novel was better.

I didn't really, wasn't really INTO the film when I watched it. It was watchable. I did it for my girlfriend too, haha. No harm there.

But this graphic novel, art-wise, which was 'arted' by Young Kim, was great, although a bit white washed sometimes.

But the black and whiteness of most of the comic panels reminded me of manga (well, well) but then Bella and the rest look way better in here than in real life. Also, moments when Bella feels like a sun, the art takes a vivid color, - now that is utilizing the magic of graphic novel.

I prefer watching this graphic novel over the movie, and it lets me understand more of the under current feelings of the characters which cannot otherwise be portrayed in film.

So this is the best medium. It's not a book, but not a movie either. It's a moving picture book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

09/18/2011 page 104