Kazza's Reviews > Selfish is the Heart

Selfish is the Heart by Megan Hart

Sep 18, 2011

I truly love The Order of Solace series, they are poetic, beautifully written, olde-worlde and psycholgical in construct. If you buy this particular book and are looking for full blown eroticism you will be disappointed as it is much more of a psycholgical journey for both Annalise and Cassian. There are a couple of nicely done sexual encounters between Annalise and Cassian but not a lot and much later in the book. I read this book in a day and felt satisfied with the build and the ending, even though some parts including the ending were telegraphed, in my opinion. I also always enjoy the underlying homo-eroticism with these books which is subtle but still there. Annalise is a truly self confident woman and I enjoyed her character's patience, strength of charatcer and her (definitely) unselfish heart. I also liked Cassian very much, but he made it hard for people to get close, to know him. It took a while for me to warm to him, but I did. It was interesting to see the machinations of the Motherhouse, although I would have thought there would have been classes on sexually pleasing a patron as they often have to do (just a thought). Hopefully Tansy gets a book/patron down the track and this series keeps going, onwards and upwards now to Virtue and Vice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selfish is the Heart.