Tarissa's Reviews > My Man Jeeves

My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

A collection of short stories. Some featuring Wooster and Jeeves; some featuring other characters.

...In which we find some witty scenes and crazy, hilarious antics. It feels akin to a sitcom with one guy hatching devious schemes, and his best friend gullibly believing it to be the best thing since sliced bread, so of course they must do it.

There's a lot of trickery and deceitful actions in these stories, to be honest... Although it made for a laughing-good time, I kept hoping for something a bit more fun in a wholesome way.

Some mild foul language.

The bottom line? The book fell a little flat for my expectations. I may read some of the series in the distant future, but I won't feel like I'm missing anything if I don't. Somebody -- tell me if I'm missing out on something great!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Man Jeeves.

August 22, 2017 – Shelved
August 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2019 – Started Reading
January 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Marian You might like the TV series better... I've read some of the books and liked them, but I think Hugh Laurie makes Wooster more endearing! ☺

Tarissa Marian wrote: "You might like the TV series better... I've read some of the books and liked them, but I think Hugh Laurie makes Wooster more endearing! ☺"

Ohhhhhhhh... you may have just sparked my interest again right there. I should see if I can find out how to watch the TV series. Thanks!

Mallory Tarissa, the show is well worth finding! I was able to get all the seasons through my library - hope you have good luck with it.

Mallory I'd also recommend listening to the books if you enjoy that.

Tarissa Mallory wrote: "I'd also recommend listening to the books if you enjoy that."

Thanks for both suggestions, Mallory!!