Mikaela's Reviews > The Little Red Wolf

The Little Red Wolf by Amélie Fléchais

bookshelves: e-arc, comics-graphic-novels

I received this book as an egalley through Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.

I was immediately drawn to this book because of how gorgeous the illustrations on the cover were and oh boy they didn't disappoint. The illustrations in this book are absolutely stunning, so simple in colour but they portray the story with such ease.

I love the twist of it being about the wolves who are frightened of the humans, it's definitely unlike any retelling of 'Little Red Riding Hood' I've ever seen before.

I also enjoyed the twist within the story of the Hunter and his daughter believing one version of events and the wolves having another. Because that is something that happens, everyone has their own version of events. Personally I think the wolves story is probably true.

My one criticism is that the ending was very abrupt, and I felt like there should have been a couple more pages to properly wrap things up. But it certainly was quite the punchy way to end the story.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this, the retelling, the art, it was delightful.
Will definitely keep an eye out in stores to pick up a physical copy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Red Wolf.

August 22, 2017 – Shelved