Emily (Obsessed Reader)'s Reviews > Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Sep 17, 2011

Read from October 09 to 26, 2011

I truly can't believe so many people are giving this book two stars. Everyone is intitled to thier own opnion of course, but I loved this!
If someone doesn't like distopian (sp?) books, of course this is not for you. I, myself, am a distopian fanatic. This was right up my ally. I really enjoyed all of the characters.
I breezed right through this book. It was very easy to read. I can agree that maybe I didn't feel completely connected to the characters, BUT it worked in this story. I actually LIKED feeling like I was viewing everything from afar, which is usually not a good thing.
I think that it all worked...the story, the characters, the environment. It all seemed to meld together perfectly. I would say that is owed to DeStefano's brilliant writing. I throughouly enjoyed this book and I am SO excited for the next two!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wither.

10/26/2011 page 301
show 1 hidden update…

Sara (Just Another Story)  Walker I don't get how people don't love this book either. It was on of my favourites this year.

message 2: by Raeleen (new)

Raeleen Lemay it's Dystopian** you were close :)

Emily (Obsessed Reader) I couldn't remember if it was a Y or an I...darn! Haha thanks tho!
And I agree it was one of my 2011 faves too! :)

Ashlyn I watched your youtube review, I already had it on my TBR list but you made me want to read it asap!