Amy 's Reviews > Can't Walk Away

Can't Walk Away by Sandy James

18019707

bookshelves: 2017, 4-stars, review-books

Unexpected. Sweet. Sexy. Down Right Heartwarming. Those are the words that I’d choose to describe Can’t Walk Away.

Can’t Walk Away follows the story of Brad and Savannah. Once upon a time, Brad was one of Nashville’s biggest stars. That was until life threw him an unexpected curve ball, taking all if his passion with him. Now instead of writing and singing music, he finds himself tending bar, trying to escape the pain of the past. All is going the way that Brad has planned…that is until Brad meets Savannah…Savannah always dreamed of singing for a crowd, but being a single mom has kept that one dream out of her reach. So, when Brad offers Savannah her golden opportunity, she can’t help but jump at the chance. The only problem, her scorching hot chemistry with Brad. She tells herself not to fall for him, but that might just prove to be easier said than done….

Overall, I thought Can’t Walk Away was a quick and easy read. I thought the characters were likable and couldn’t wait to get into their story. I loved the pull between Brad and Savannah. Brad had the worst reputation, but you could tell that there was more to this bad boy than meets the eye, he’s just got to open his heart and mind to it. I liked that Brad took things slow with Savannah. Yes, their pull was undeniable, but I enjoyed seeing these two get to know one another and ease their way into something more.

Can’t Walk Away was unexpected in the best way. This story is well written and is one that you can easily finish in just one sitting. I thought this story had just the right mix of sweet and sexy with a little drama along the way. This is my first book by this author, and I look forward to checking more of her books in the future.

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book via Forever Romance & NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Walk Away.

August 22, 2017 – Shelved