Silver James's Reviews > Fire Inside

Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, 2017-books-read, audio-books, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, keeper, motorcycle, romance, suspense, library, reread, 2018-books-read, want-to-buy-wish-list, 2019-books-read
Read 5 times. Last read February 10, 2019 to February 11, 2019.

Fire Inside (Chaos, #2) by Kristen Ashley My 2019 re-listen as I stall reading the final book in the Chaos arc. Lanie and Hop's backstories and the twists and turns of their conflicts are enough to hurt my heart. All my previous thoughts still hold, but I'm finally gonna put this out there this time around--hopefully without a spoiler. Tyra and Elvira totally ticked me off. And...that's all I can say without adding a spoiler. So anyway...love this series.

[2018 review] Re-listening to the Chaos series in preparation for the release of WILD LIKE THE WIND. This is the second time this year because...yeah. Fans will understand. Anyway, what I said about my April re-listen still stands. Glad to have Kate Russell back as narrator.

I'm on a 2018 reread of the Chaos MC series, following a reread of the Dream Man series. The first time or three (I didn't record all of my rereads), I really didn't catch all the nuances. Maybe it's lying in bed, eyes closed, listening to the book, picturing the scene and the characters as the words come. During the black moments, my heart hurt for Lanie and for Hop. Plus, seeing events that happened in previous books, as the timeline with OWN THE WIND is almost concurrent, through Hop's and Lanie's perspective is most interesting. This series, and these characters, remain on my keeper/favorites list, which is pretty obvious by the number of times I've read/reread it. 4.5 stars

Original and additional review Kindle edition: Lanie and Hop's story. Interesting "opposites attract" trope. Ended up liking both of them when I didn't much at the end of MOTORCYCLE MAN. Kudos to the author for changing my mind.

I couldn't even go 6 months without rereading the entire Chaos MC series. Upon rereading MOTORCYCLE MAN and OWN THE WIND, I understood a little more about both Lanie and Hop, nuances I missed during the first reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Inside.

April 15, 2014 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
April 15, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
July 30, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-books-read (Kindle Edition)
July 30, 2015 – Shelved as: keeper (Kindle Edition)
November 19, 2015 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
November 21, 2015 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
December 2, 2015 – Shelved as: reread (Kindle Edition)
December 2, 2015 – Shelved as: motorcycle (Kindle Edition)
August 22, 2017 – Started Reading
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: suspense
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: library
August 24, 2017 – Finished Reading
August 28, 2017 – Shelved as: reread
April 30, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
May 1, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-books-read
May 1, 2018 – Shelved as: want-to-buy-wish-list
May 1, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 2017-books-read (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-books-read (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: audio-books (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: auto-buy-series (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: dark-and-dirty (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: romance (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: suspense (Kindle Edition)
July 29, 2018 – Started Reading