Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > The Mission Begins: At the Edge and Edge of Surrender

The Mission Begins by Laura Griffin

bookshelves: reviewed

The Mission Begins: At the Edge and Edge of Surrender in one complete book.
The Mission Begins: At the Edge and Edge of Surrender fits perfectly into the romantic suspense genre.
It's the first book of Laura Griffin's that I have read but I don't think it will be the last.
Ever since I discovered Suzanne Brockmann's Tall, Dark and Deadly series and her Troubleshooters Inc. series, I've had a bit of a thing for hot as Hades, alpha Navy Seal men and I've been hooked on books featuring Navy Seals ever since.
I think that fans of Suzanne Brockmann's and fans of Monica McCarty's soon to be published The Lost Platoon series will enjoy this new Alpha Crew series by Laura Griffin.
At the Edge begins when the plane Emma Wright is in is shot down over the Philippine Jungle and she's forced to survive on her own until rescue arrives in the form of an ultra-elite Seal team led by Alpha Crew team leader, Ryan Owen.
The books moves along at a steady pace and fits a great amount of detail into the short novella length first part of the book as we watch the romance beginning to unfold between Emma and Owen. But we're not the only ones watching - somebody doesn't want Emma to find out why her plane went down.
Although the first part ends in a cliffhanger, it's no worry because this book has the second part as well. You can dig right into Edge of Surrender and find out what happens next.
I'm not going to tell you what happens next in the story as I don't want to spoil it, but let's just say that while some questions are answered, more are raised.
I look forward to reading more of this author who just got added to my automatic one-click list

An arc of this book was generously provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mission Begins.

Started Reading