Becky's Reviews > Bulldozer Helps Out

Bulldozer Helps Out by Candace Fleming

bookshelves: 2017reviews, 2017cybilcontenders, librarybook, picturebooks

First sentence: The construction site bustled. Cement Mixer was stirring...stirring...stirring. Crane Truck was lifting...lifting...lifting. Digger Truck was scooping...scooping...scooping. And Bulldozer was--"Watching...watching...watching," he said with a sigh.

Premise/plot: Will Bulldozer get to work on this construction project? Construction work, he's told, is for rough, tough trucks. Can Bulldozer be rough and tough? The other construction trucks give him a work assignment, but can Bulldozer follow through?

My thoughts: I don't know what I was expecting from this one, but I was certainly surprised with the direction it went. Just when I thought a book couldn't surprise me.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I was oh-so-surprised by the ADORABLE kittens that Bulldozer finds on the construction site. I was also surprised by the reaction of the other trucks.
"They're pretty cute, kid," said Dump Truck. "But taking care of babies? Now that's a rough, tough job."

I liked it okay in the beginning, but by the end I was loving it.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bulldozer Helps Out.

Started Reading