Christina McMullen's Reviews > Down a Lost Road: Extended Edition

Down a Lost Road by J. Leigh Bralick

Full disclosure: I read and loved this series way back when it first came out. Serendipitously, I got to meet this author and so when she said she was going to be doing a special edition, you better believe I said yes, I want a sneak preview!

So what makes this special? Instead of just following along with Merelin's adventure, we now get Yatol's POV as well. Immediately I was intrigued, but then I worried that the mystery surrounding his character would somehow be diminished if we could crawl into his headspace. I really should have known better. Yatol is just as elusive with us as he is with Merelin and it works. Oh boy does it work.

The story itself is one of those adventures that packs so much into each word, even when the characters are doing something so innocuous as sitting around a campfire having a conversation. I found myself saying "just one more chapter" way more than I should have, and I have to admit that despite having read this whole series and knowing how it ends, I had tears as I read much of the last 10%.

I can't recommend this book enough and I cannot wait until the next two extended editions come out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down a Lost Road.

Started Reading