Trina (Between Chapters)'s Reviews > Little Monsters

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

bookshelves: 2018, contemporary, mystery, standalones, young-adult

I really liked this! It was intriguing from the start and I think it would have good reread value once you know the truth of things. It really kept me guessing if this was a murder, runaway, or something supernatural. The way the evidence was uncovered kinda reminded me of Making a Murderer or the first season of the Serial podcast. YA mysteries about missing girls are a dime a dozen but I thought this one was a solid, gripping read! It does deal with mean girls and frienemies though, if that's something you dislike reading about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Monsters.

August 21, 2017 – Shelved
August 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 30, 2017 –
page 26
7.74% "I thought I'd pick this up for a mystery during October, but it has such a strong winter setting so far that I'm going to wait and read it when I'm craving something with a snowy atmosphere."
September 30, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 1, 2018 – Started Reading
February 2, 2018 –
17.0% "Ooooh, I'm hooked!"
February 3, 2018 –
33.0% ""I can make out a walrus of a man behind the wheel."
"he pours himself out of the car."
"huffs" "sputters" "catches his breath"

It's really not hard to portray fat characters without comparing them to animals or describing them differently than any other character who breathes."
February 4, 2018 –
70.0% "This is starting to give me Serial season 1 and Making a Murderer vibes."
February 5, 2018 –
90.0% "I am so into this and if it disappoints me with a crummy twist I WILL RIOT."
February 6, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018