Alexander Hamilton's Reviews > Defy Me

Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi

it was ok
bookshelves: books-i-own, read-in-2019

Man idk anymore.

When I first heard there would be three more books added to this series, I had just finished Ignite Me and i was stoked let me tell youuu

Now, I realize these three books may have been a huuugeee mistake, bc this used to be my favorite series of all time, and now I'm starting to really dislike these characters which is really sad tbh

all the 'plot twists' seem so cheap and forced and none of the characters are even remotely similar to what they were in the first three novels

not to mention I'M BORED

yikes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defy Me.

August 20, 2017 – Shelved
August 20, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 3, 2019 – Started Reading
April 3, 2019 –
page 57
16.19% "Tahereh tries wayyy to hard to make Nazeera seem badass and cool and it comes of wayyyyy too cringey and try-hard and tbh that's the tea"
April 3, 2019 – Shelved as: books-i-own
April 3, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
April 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Harley ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Can I just say how sad I am that one of my favorite series is literally falling into a dumpster fire? Because I'm sad, friends.

Alexander Hamilton Harley ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote: "Can I just say how sad I am that one of my favorite series is literally falling into a dumpster fire? Because I'm sad, friends."

fr tho my dude same. at this point i'm considering just pretending these extra 3 books don't exist lmaoooo

Temi Panayotova Oh, wow - I knew this would happen. The additional novels are so unnecessary. Could not agree more wit you.

Alexander Hamilton Temi wrote: "Oh, wow - I knew this would happen. The additional novels are so unnecessary. Could not agree more wit you."

Yeah, I'm really upset about this bc I was so excited for the three additional books.
Now, I'm even considering whether I want to read the last book at all.
It's a sad time my dude

PizzaBooks Exactly?? Ignite me was so good -in fact, the first three novels were legendary! But this? This wasn't it.

Alexander Hamilton PizzaBooks wrote: "Exactly?? Ignite me was so good -in fact, the first three novels were legendary! But this? This wasn't it."

Completely agree with you my dude

message 7: by Kilikina (new)

Kilikina Stoped reading this after the 2nd book 😂

Alexander Hamilton Kilikina wrote: "Stoped reading this after the 2nd book 😂"

tbh i don't blame you lmao

My_Strange_Reading I completely agree with you. This additional series is such a mistake!

Alexander Hamilton My_Strange_Reading wrote: "I completely agree with you. This additional series is such a mistake!"

Right? I mean it's cool that other people are enjoying it, but also I don't see how lmao

Clockwork  Bibliophile The last three books are totally unnecessary. There was literally no reason to continue this series and i honestly find this childhood lovers track dumb. The only reason I am still reading (and enjoying) this series is because of Warnette and Kenji. But the plot is very weak.

Alexander Hamilton Clockwork wrote: "The last three books are totally unnecessary. There was literally no reason to continue this series and i honestly find this childhood lovers track dumb. The only reason I am still reading (and enj..."

I couldn't agree more. I don't even know why I'm still reading these books, but 100% I'm going to be buying the last book and reading it the day it comes out. Ofc I'm going to hate it the whole time, but I can't stop.