Kibbenza's Reviews > Lucky Girl

Lucky Girl by Amanda Maciel

8861987

it was ok

So, honestly, this book could have gotten such a higher rating.

Rosie is pretty. Like, really pretty. Guys notice her, and she likes that. In fact, she wants them to. And when her best friend comes back from a summer soccer program in Europe way hotter and more confident than she left, Rosie can even admit she has a moment of panic. Maybe she's not the hot one anymore? But it doesn't matter, because she's going to be a better friend this year, and that means making sure Maddie's long time crush, Rosie's current boyfriend, becomes suddenly available. Besides, she didn't really like him that much, and anyway, there's a new guy in town who's caught her eye. Summer is sure to be perfect, right?

Wrong. Because what could go wrong with that situation? Surprisingly, not what I thought, (view spoiler)

Anyway. The whole Alex/new guy in town plot line just. Could have been left out entirely, and that would have been fine. She did not need a new guy to fix her, she needed to be *less* focused on boys.

I don't know. How her situation was handled just left a very sour taste in my mouth. From her friends, from her school, etc. I don't know. I think the self-shame and hatred was very well done, but I also can't say I enjoyed it.

I think it would have been a lot better if it focused less on her pursuing Alex, and more on coming to terms with what actually happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Girl.

August 17, 2017 – Started Reading